venerdì 28 agosto 2020

Carus Olcott kissing German actress Marlene Dietrich by Irving Haberman, NY 1945


Carus Olcott, allora 23enne di ritorno dall'Europa, bacia l'attrice Marlene Dietrich. La foto, che mostra Olcott che si sporge da un oblò della USS Monticello, venne pubblicata su Life Magazine.


She wasn’t coming down the gangplank, she was not coming to see me. I was nothing, I’m still nothing. She was visiting a ship on this side of the wharf and we came in, the Monticello on the other side of the wharf. So I probably called her 'baby' or some foolish thing, so they pushed her up to the porthole, which you can see wasn’t on the ground, and I kissed her.
I didn’t know, at 23, I didn’t know necessarily that she was the greatest thing in the world. They said she was a movie star, I was in the mood for kissing.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento